Copyright and Licensing
This license is the most restrictive of our six main licenses, only allowing others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially. The content in NN journals and its publishing partner journals is protected by copyright. This page offers advice and guidance on everything related to journals copyright, including how it applies to subscription and open access articles, and how to contact us if you have questions.
Warranties sections may require the authors to acknowledge:
- Originality of the submission - authors guarantee it is their original work
- Work has not been previously published and/or is not being considered for publication at other journals
- All material and information from third parties is cited in the manuscript.
- Permission has been obtained for any material used from other sources
- Copyright on any open access article in a journal published by NN Publication is retained by the authors.
- Authors grant NN Publication a license to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely if its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 formalizes these and other terms and conditions of publishing articles.
- In addition to NN Publication copyright policy, some journals also follow an Open Data policy and the Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver applies to all published data in these journals. Further information can be found on the individual journals pages.
Exceptions to copyright policy:
There may be exceptions concerning copyright and licensing for articles which were previously published under policies that are different from the above. For instance, occasionally NN Publication may co‐publish articles jointly with other publishers, and different licensing conditions may then apply. In all such cases, however, access to these articles is free from fees or any other access restrictions.
Please contact us if there are questions in your mind.